This is the headline making its way around local news outlets and the internet. The recent rise in respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) cases has been so pronounced that the CDC issued a health advisory on June 10th, 2021. The most common symptoms of RSV are fever, congestion and cough and young children are at a greater risk.
Well, if it isn’t one thing, it's another.
When my son was 2 years old and would catch anything like a cold, virus, or ear infection, it would trigger his coughing reflex, which is extremely sensitive. He would be coughing literally all night. As a mom, I was helpless and desperate as he was too young for oral medication and decongestants.
So I was left with these options:
- Try to suck out the snot with a saline and ball syringe: This is not something 2 year olds enjoy. He hated it and screamed when I did it. My husband and I would have to restrain him. And, surprise surprise, it hardly worked.
- Turn on the humidifier in his room: This just left the entire room a little moist. And guess what? It hardly worked. (Are you starting to see a trend?)
- Turn on the shower on full heat and sit in the bathroom with him and hope the steam would help: Not exactly what I want to be doing in the middle of the night. “Sleeping” is exactly what I want both of us to be doing in the middle of the night. Can you guess how well this worked? Correct! The answer is “hardly.”
- Roll my eyes at my husband because he decided to sleep in the closet with a pillow over his head so he could get some zzzzz’s while I was left to figure out what else to try: This wasn’t exactly a treatment option, but it was just as effective as options 1-3.
- Weep because nothing seemed to help and I had to wake up in the morning and still go to work and my baby was miserable: 0% effectiveness, but something I found myself returning to almost 100% of the time.
So instead of joining my husband in the closet, I decided to make a product that would help babies who cough. And so we did. The result: Oilogic Stuffy Nose & Cough products, formulated for babies 6 months+.
A warm bath with our Stuffy Nose & Cough Essential Oil Vapor Bath, followed by applying our Essential Oil Roll-on to their chest, neck and feet will calm coughs and open up airways. We promise, it will help.
And hopefully your baby will feel a little better, your husband won’t have to sleep in the closet and you can feel like the amazing mother you are because you helped your baby get some relief.
My son isn’t a baby anymore. He is almost 13 years old and now I weep in the middle of the night worried about TikTok, Staar tests, and puberty. You know, the stuff I’m supposed to weep about.
However, if he isn’t feeling well, he will still use our Stuffy Nose & Cough products so he can sleep more soundly. And knowing he has these products for relief helps us both feel better 100% of the time.